Tuesday 10 January 2012

Of Occupy Nigeria,Nigerians abroad and Nelly's Dilemma

 Of Occupy Nigeria, Nigerians abroad and Nelly's Dilemma 
Y'all remember Nelly's hit song Dilemma feat. Kelly Rowland

Kelly sang "No matter what I do, all I think about is you. Even when I'm with my boo, boy you know I'm crazy over you. No matter what I do, all I think about is you. Even when I'm with my boo, boy you know I'm crazy over you"  
That's the way most Nigerians in Diaspora feel about what is happening to our beloved country right now. 'Cos there's no place like home. We may enjoy the orderliness and organisation that the developed world offers, our children may speak with the pure Cockney  English accent or the Ebonics of black Americans, but we still have Nigerian blood flowing in our veins. Which is why I wish 'Occupy Nigeria'   is the watershed moment needed to bring about the necessary change in the country. Nigeria has got the potential to be as great as the countries we currently live in. It's just a matter of people doing the right thing.
To the President-Goodluck Jonathan and other people in power-No one wakes in the morning a bad person. It happens by a thousand tiny surrenders of self respect to self interest-Robert Brault. 
 Do the right thing



No comments:

Post a Comment