Friday 2 August 2013

Reminisce: Movies that we're still feeling-HEAT

Reminisce: Movies that we're still feeling-HEAT


Heat

How good was this 1995 American crime film starring Al Pacino (veteran LAPD cop Lt. Vincent Hanna) and Robert De Niro (professional thief, Neil McCauley) ?? Pretty good, I'd say!!

It's a bonus to have one of these great actors in a flick, it's pure joy to have both heavyweights in one film!
You still wonder whether a coin was flipped to determine who'd be Cop or Robber between them!

With a stellar cast that included: Val Kilmer, Ashley Judd and Tom Sizemore, Jon Voight....it's a Collector's piece!

Dysfunctional families, flawed individuals, love, betrayal...it had all!

The Bank Robbery scene was Mayhem and the dialogues were Muah!!

The dialogue at the Coffee table is legendary. It's full of quotes and cliches:

Vincent Hanna: You know, we are sitting here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas. You do what you do, and I do what I gotta do. And now that we've been face to face, if I'm there and I gotta put you away, I won't like it. But I tell you, if it's between you and some poor bastard whose wife you're gonna turn into a widow, brother, you are going down.

Neil McCauley: There is a flip side to that coin. What if you do got me boxed in and I gotta put you down? Cause no matter what, you will not get in my way. We've been face to face, yeah. But I will not hesitate. Not for a second.

Vincent Hanna: My life's a disaster zone. I got a stepdaughter so fucked up because her real father's this large-type asshole. I got a wife, we're passing each other on the down-slope of a marriage - my third - because I spend all my time chasing guys like you around the block. That's my life.
Neil McCauley: A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

The ending was apt! -It showed men on both sides of the law who still had mutual respect:
Mortally injured Macauley: I told you I'm never going back
Hanna with what looked like a pained look ( rather than a victorious one) after shooting him, says: Yeah

Sometimes words are not enough to describe a scene! Ha!!
Great flick!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment