Thursday 28 February 2013

Remembering Great films: BUGSY

Remembering Great films: BUGSY


Bugsy 1991, starring Warren Beaty and Annette Bening has to be right there on my top films list. It's a semi-fictional account of real life mob boss, Benjamin 'Bugsy' Seigel.

It's appeal for me was the fascinating but doomed attraction of the married Ben to his mistress, Virginia Hill (Annette Bening) The tough Bugsy was no match for the sharp-tongued, witty Virginia. She had him whipped!! Lol

The dialogues in that film is legendary!!

(Beaty got an Oscar nomination but lost to Sir Anthony Hopkins' Hannibal Lecter that year)

Check out some of the quotes below-

Their first meeting:

Virginia: The way you were looking at me, I thought you were going to ask for something more interesting.

"Bugsy" Siegel: Like what?

Virginia: Use your imagination.

"Bugsy" Siegel: I'm using it.

Virginia: ...Let me know when you're finished (walks away)

#SheGotBalls

Virginia: my oh my, you're pretty ferocious for a mom's concern, aren't ya? The rest of the time you're just some good-looking, sweet-talking, charm-oozing, fuck-happy fellow with nothing to offer but some dialogue. Dialogue is cheap in Hollywood Ben... why don't you run outside and jerk yourself a soda.

#woooooooh

In the 'heat' of the moment:

Virginia: ....'cos we both want whatever we want, whenever we want it, and we both want everything

Virginia: Do you always talk this much before you do it?

"Bugsy" Siegel: I only talk this much before I kill someone.

[they kiss]

When a jealous Bugsy left his date to confront hers:

Take a hike, will you? Why don't you go back to your conquest, you hypocritical sick son of a b*tch. I hope she gives you Syphilis!!

#damn!

No comments:

Post a Comment